Sunday, May 13, 2007

Le Canard - 2007


Le Canard is an upmarket and famous restaurant in Sandton. In the entrance hall of the restaurant you will see photographs of all the celebrities that have visited the restaurant and given it rave reviews. I was expecting it to be a much larger restaurant and the decor more opulent, but the traditional white table cloths and white covered chairs work well. There is a tranquil ambience about the place with soft music playing in the background while you eat your meal.


You get the distinct feeling you are in a top Johannesburg restaurant and you haven't come here for a burger with the kids.The service is very good and so is the food. The signature dish is duck of course and this has to be one of the best duck dishes I have tried. Colleen had the same for the main course and ever since we visited Le Canard she looks for other duck dishes in different restaurants. Le Canard will leave you with a warm feeling that although it is slightly on the pricey side it is well worth a visit.If I were to entertain some guests I would have no hesitation in selecting Le Canarad as one of my choices.

I rate this restaurant 8.5

reviewed by Brian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of all the restaurants we have been to, this one is definitely in my top 3. Stunning food, Service and ambience. It was the first time I had really had duck as a meal. Every time I have duck elsewhere I always compare it to Le Canard, it almost always fails to live up to my Le Canard's expectations. Go Now, you wont regret it. :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mathew about the top 3 - I have never had a meal like this before. I can still taste the Lobster Bisque - and the duck was heaven on a plate. I've tried the duck at other places but no-one comes near Le Canard!!