Friday, May 11, 2007

Afrodisiac - Linksfield - 2007

Ok, I admit it, I have become a snob *blush* - for a long while I was convinced that the only decent restaurants were out in the North but I was extremely and pleasantly surprised by Afrodisiac.

Afrodisiac is AS good as Moyo's in my humble opinion, with less of the hype, more of the service, and of course much closer to home. The food was delicious and beautifuly presented. The decor is homegrown african which is so cool especially if you have overseas visitors to show off to and my favourite - a comfortable seat LOL. The only downside for us were when the African dancers overstayed their welcome in the restaurant. They were too loud for a night where we just wanted to sit and chat - made it impossible.

Pricewise you're looking at approximately R250 per head - no booze.

I would rate Afrodisiac 8.0
reviewed by Colleen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agreed. This restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The food was good and the portions were HUGE