Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wanghtai - Sandton


As a lover of Eastern food, this restaurant ranks amongst my top 10 for sure!!! It's a little on the pricey side, but oh so worth it.

One thing I really enjoy about going out for dinner is being able to sample foods that I do not make at home - and what better way to go about that than by eating Thai cuisine?

The food is incredible, beautifuly presented with tastes that stimulate the senses. We enjoyed an array of starters and the most memorable for me was the chilli prawn soup and an extremely wicked dessert called "the new South Africa" - a combination of brown and white choclate mousse.

The service is outstanding which of course makes any outing just that little more special. The decor and ambience is upmarket, yet warm and friendly

I rate this retaurant 8.5


reviewed by Colleen

No comments: