Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fairlawns - Sandton


Fairlawns is a boutique hotel in Morningside Sandton. The Hotel and restaurant is very up market and lends itself very easily to fine dining. I enjoyed the serenity and pleasantness of the restaurant. One has the option to dine inside or on the patio over looking the gardens. It was a bit chili the evening we went and opted to dine inside. On a warmer evening, I am sure dining out on the patio would have been stunning. The food was very good and quite different from the normal run of the mill restaurant. I enjoyed my food, the portions were perfect and was very tasty.

I had a problem with the waiters who did not know the menu and had to go and ask other waiters or kitchen staff to get answers to our questions. I also found it quite difficult to understand our waiter when she spoke to us. When one of our coffees was delivered cold, the problem was quickly and efficiently sorted out. I do believe however, that In an establishment of this nature, the quality of staff training needs to be upgraded. All in all, I still enjoyed the evening.

Starters average R60
Mains Average R115 Plus optional side dish R20
Desert Average R50
Would I recommend this restaurant to other people: Probably Yes, but I think there are better options around in this class of restaurant. If you are guest at the hotel, there would be no need to go out and look for another restaurant.

Ratings:
Service: 6/10
Food: 7/10
Ambiance 8/10
Overall: 7/10
Reviewed by Mathew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved Fairlawns, only the service I had a problem with. I would go back for a romantic meal for two, or sundowners on the deck.